HQ, MOCHATERNS

Meet the Interns: Lindsey.

Once again, we were humbled & overwhelmed at the amazing applicants we received for our internships.  It’s always tough to find the best team – but we’re excited to introduce you to our Spring 2011 Mochaterns!
They will be working alongside our staff in Nashville from January 18 – May 6.

———-

Name: Lindsey Tipple

Department: Graphic Design

Hometown: Lancaster, Ohio

University/Year/Major: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh (online division) – I’ll have my graphic design degree in February!

Favorite place you’ve traveled: I love Ghana.  Everything about it wins me over – the way the air smells, the food, the music, the dancing. The people, however, are the very best part. I can’t wait to go back.

Hidden talent: I’ve been playing saxophone for almost 19 years.  I can’t believe I’m old enough to have been doing anything for that long.

If you could have a pen pal, who would it be: Oh man. Can you imagine getting a letter in the mail from C.S. Lewis? I pick that guy.

Guilty pleasure: I drink coffee like it’s my job. It’s my comfort food of choice. It’s like a hug from grandma for my soul.

Why I’m excited about interning with Mocha Club/fashionABLE: I love Africa. I can’t tell you how many years I’ve prayed about connecting that love with the talents I’ve been given. This internship is my chance to do that very thing. Not only that, but I’ll be doing so with an organization that I love, and with a team of great people that believe in what they are doing. That amazes me. What an opportunity!

———-

Don’t forget that the Mochaterns have their own blog. They’ll continue to update you from their point of view all spring!

Friends/family of Lindsey: what are your thoughts? Why is Lindsey perfect for this internship? Any weird habits we should be warned about? Leave a comment telling us about her!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Deborah Williams January 20, 2011 at 11:21 am

Lindsay you have many hidden talents, such modesty, lol. I look forward to reading of your experiences in Nashville! How’s the weather there? We’re getting 3-5 inches of the white stuff today, wahoo, not.

• Reply Wes January 20, 2011 at 11:22 am

Rad! Have a blast! Hopefully you’ll get to use your saxophone skillz.

• Reply Kristen Berry January 20, 2011 at 11:25 am

Lindsay – I hope that you are having an amazing time in Nashville. It is wonderful that you have this fantastic opportunity and Mocha Club is lucky to have you!

• Reply Bruce Livingstoner January 20, 2011 at 11:34 am

Wow! I spent a week in Nashville would be a great place to live.

• Reply Sarah S. January 20, 2011 at 11:40 am

Congrats on the internship Lindsey! I know you’ll do great! 🙂

• Reply Issac English January 20, 2011 at 11:40 am

Be aware of her love of cats, her taste for fine cheeses, and know
    she LOVES showcasing her abilities during recitals.

• Reply Kim January 20, 2011 at 11:41 am

Lindsey! So excited for your adventure there – a perfect fit indeed. Nashville will be thanking you for your contribution in their fair city 🙂

• Reply Beth Borgan-Cooper January 20, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Lindsey is the MOST AMAZING young woman I know (and I don’t use that word freely!). I’ve had the pleasure of working with her on many occasions and she is as a delightful person as you’ll ever meet. She’s happy, steady, grounded in her faith, level-headed, gregarious, wildly talented, cute as a button, and just plain nice! Pick her for this internship. You won’t be sorry.

• Reply Susan O'Hara January 20, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Lindsey, you are an amazing woman and no matter what you do, you do it well. I hope you have a wonderful internship in Nashville…

• Reply Karen Price January 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm

So happy for you Tippy! They made a great choice in you. Make sure you let them know what a great cook you are. Miss you already.

• Reply Betsy Schumacher January 20, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hey Tip!! I want to get a letter from C.S. Lewis too! I guess we will just have to read his books. Love you and have fun!!!

• Reply Betsy Schumacher January 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Oh! Watch out! She really loves African food! She gets weird cravings sometimes!

• Reply Kathy Maurer January 20, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Mocha Club is amazing but I think Lindsey Tipple is going to make it that much more amazing. You go amazing girl!!!!

• Reply Lindsay B. January 20, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Has she performed her talent of off the cuff song writing skills? Also, she has been known to don a wig from the Goodwill. I’ve said too much haven’t I? I’m sorry Lindsey. Bye now.

• Reply jodi tipple January 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

peanut butter sauce? really?

• Reply janna johnson January 20, 2011 at 4:28 pm

My kindred-spirit-coffee-loving-friend, I’m so excited for you in this amazing opportunity! Can not wait to hear how you are going to be changed by this and how God is going to use you…man, that’s awesome! Have a blast tipp!!

• Reply Tara January 20, 2011 at 4:59 pm

So great I hope you have a wonderful time, you inspire me so much and I just love how much you enjoy life. The love of God is just always shining thru in that smile. I also have a deep affection for coffee. You have been playing the saxophone for 19 years! You dont look a day over 20! How is this possible? You are an amazing gal.

• Reply Kayla Frank January 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Lindsey! I love you and have so much faith in you! I love that everything you do you do it with all of your heart, I admire that so I know you will do great interning. Im so happy that your doing something you love and have a passion for and how awesome that its for AFRICA!? REALLYYY!? I hope you have an amazing time and learn more than you dreamed of! Love you homegirl!

• Reply Ginny Morse Ruyf January 20, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Smart. Talented. And so good-looking! You are the whole package and you play the ukulele! Amazing woman!

• Reply Kristen Frank January 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Lindsay… Don’t do that one thing!!! You want these people to like you! 🙂

Ohhh and don’t forget to laugh out loud! they can’t see that smile on the inside! Love you, have a great time! Its your turn!!!
    Kristen

• Reply alan sullivan January 21, 2011 at 7:25 am

Peanut butter sauce? i think i need some of that!

• Reply Rachie D. January 21, 2011 at 9:13 am

My sweet Tippy. This internship is perfect for you! And hello its for Africa!!!! You have always inspired me. God has blessed you with so many talents. I am blessed to be able to call you my friend, for almost 10 years, holy moly we are old!!!! But most of all you have a sense of humor that rivals Tina Fey!! Nashville you’re about to have your socks knocked off!! Fly like an eagle and you are the wind beneath my wings 😉

• Reply Sandy January 21, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Lindsey you are so gifted and you will do wonderful down there I’m sure. God bless!

• Reply Gabriella January 21, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I love you, Lindsey! Don’t let her put Cheerios all over your face. She did that to me when I was a baby! She called them bindis. My mommy told me all about it and I am scarred for life!

• Reply Carrie January 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I’m so happy for you Lindsey. This internship is a PERFECT fit for you!!!!! Enjoy this opportunity of a lifetime!

• Reply Makaila January 22, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hi Lindsey! I miss you and can’t wait until you get back so we can stick our tongues through napkins again!! Love you!

• Reply Rachel C. January 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

Miss you but love you. Do awesome there and get back to us soon.

• Reply Bobby Couch January 23, 2011 at 9:19 am

Lindsey let your smile shine there in Nashville just like you do for us here at home. Remember to watch out for those “birds.” Ha ha.

• Reply Krystal Foster January 23, 2011 at 8:43 pm

So proud of you Lindsey! God has opened many doors in your life and this is one of them! This opportunity is awesome! It’s a perfect fit for you!

• Reply Jeri K. January 23, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Lindsey Tipple is a soul that it too incredible not to be shared with the world. Like the perfect recipe that you have to share with all your friends. She has just the right amount of sugar and spice. Nashville, you are truly blessed.

• Reply Jordyn January 23, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Dear Mocha Club important people,

Lindsey is the epitome of an amazing person. The fact that I spelled ‘epitome’ right speaks volumes of her character, seeing as she is the one who pointed out my spelling problem, encouraging me to get help – like only a true friend would.

I am so incredibly blessed to call Tippy my friend. Just being with her for 20 minutes can tell you that – you lucky, lucky people 😀

Lindsey has a gift that is undoubtedly from God – amazing things come from her hands, well… printer, technically.

You have such a great team member in Lindsey and I am so incredibly jealous that you have her instead of me. But I know this is right where she needs to be 🙂

SO proud of you Tip! I love you so much, honey bee.

• Reply josh January 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm

hey good luck in Nashville.

• Reply Brandon January 23, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Good luck!

• Reply Bob Weiser January 23, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Nashville is a great town! Enjoy it!

• Reply Mary Lee S. January 23, 2011 at 10:22 pm

What the Mocha Club has is a true gem! Lindsey show them what you do best! We are so proud of you. Enjoy Nashville and make the most of this opportunity!

• Reply Matt January 23, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Hey babe, you’re awesome, no matter how many comments you get.

• Reply Dreama Kirk January 23, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Lindsey this is the next wonderful adventure in your life. I know you will be great at whatever you do. I am excited to hear what this journey will bring forth.

• Reply Monique January 24, 2011 at 12:17 am

I am very happy for my Lindsey! Enjoy the new experience!

• Reply Robin:) January 24, 2011 at 5:21 am

Lindsey, You are an amazing person with tremendous talent! I am sure you will make the most of this experience and in the end both you and Mocha Club will be better for it:)

• Reply Matt January 24, 2011 at 5:26 am

Lindsey does great work. I highly recommend her. Congrats on this new adventure!

• Reply Jeff January 24, 2011 at 6:19 am

Good luck down there. I mean that. Look out!

• Reply Emily January 24, 2011 at 7:24 am

Good luck and congratulations, Lindsey! What an exciting opportunity!! Wishing you the very best 🙂

• Reply L.J. January 24, 2011 at 7:45 am

Way to go cuz!

• Reply Corinna January 24, 2011 at 2:22 pm

You’ve received the best in Lindsay. Commitment, talent, enthusiasm, honesty, integrity, humility, drive, leadership, adventuresome-ness, all the things that make someone a great employee. She will serve you above and beyond as she learns. Give her the green light and let her go. You’ll be amazed and what she can turn out for you.
    Superkids Leadership –

• Reply Krista Sexton January 24, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Curse you Mocha Club for stealing my friend!! Noo,noo, no. I’m really just kidding. Bless you Mocha Club for selecting such an incredibly talented person for this oh-so-ftting internship. You will not be disappointed.

• Reply Nichol Sanderson January 24, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I am sooo proud of you!!! You are going to do great things for the Lord through this Mocha Club internship!!! I love you oh so very very much! Good Luck! I hope things are going swell 🙂

• Reply JB January 24, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Hey Lindsey! You are my most favoritest babysitter in the whole world because you are fun and make everything fun!! When’s our next movie night?

• Reply alicia January 24, 2011 at 5:04 pm

You are such an inspiration to me and to Marlee. You have done so much in your life with alot more to do. We are proud of you and will keep you in our prayers!!!

• Reply Megan February 10, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Tippy! youre amazingggg! 🙂
    I Love You!!! 🙂
    God is doing wonderful wonderful things!!!!! 😀
    love you alwaysss! <3

• Reply Megan February 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Your description makes me wanna cry because I only know a small portion of the work God is doing in your life and I am blown away!