We’re excited to announce that we were just able to send $10,000 in Mocha Club funds to start our partnership with Learn To Earn, an amazing organization that provides Job Creation & Skills Training in South Africa.
Here are some of the things you will be helping accomplish through this relationship with Learn To Earn!
- Training and equipping unemployed people in various skills such as sewing, garment making and carpentry, so that they may become self-supportive and independent.
- Training all students in their program in basic business skills and functional literacy and life skills.
- Enhancing the quality of life of people from disadvantaged communities and facilitating the restoration of self-respect and dignity.
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lead people to salvation.
- Spiritually nurturing and challenging people through prayer, worship, teaching and the living out of Christianity.
As we begin this new work in helping provide job training to the African people, please join us in GIVING THANKS for:
- A new year with full Sewing and Woodwork classes and a Basic Computer course already underway.
- Funding offered for Graphic Design Lab that will allow us to purchase the Macs and software that we need to get the course underway.
- Fresh challenges for the Sewing students as some new ideas are introduced into the curriculum.
- The first Woodwork excursion of the year to Cape Saw Mills.
- Considerable interest in our new Office Administration course.
Please pray for the following NEEDS:
- Students for our new Graphic Design course
- More students for the February sewing course.
- A successful Home management course which starts in April this year.
- Nov ‘07 Home Management graduates to find suitable employment soon.
- A Cutting table – The cutting table will enable us to be more efficient at producing our products for the Business Resource Center.
- Generator for the Business Resource Center so that we can keep to our deadlines on deliveries.
- 3 more Sewing Machines for the Business Resource Center.
- People that are living with HIV.
- Spiritual renewing of minds for all who serve and are served through Learn To Earn.