Summer. A time to get tan…get bug bites…GET ACTIVE!
Here are some easy ways to make the most of your summer…and also benefit AFRICA!
1) Penny Wars: An easy way to raise money for those in need in Africa…use your spare change to make change!
- Compete against Sunday school classes, swim teams, neighbors, etc.
- Provide each group with a Make Change jar.
- The group/class/team that raises the most money is awarded a pizza party
(contact your local pizza chain to get the pizza donated!)
*Penny Wars can also work great during the school year between classrooms!
2) Net Night: Make your family and/or community aware of those in Africa who die daily from malaria caused by mosquito bites by purchasing and sleeping under mosquito nets one night.
- Provide an opportunity for those involved to participate in what Mocha Club is doing to prevent Malaria in Africa. Just $7 can purchase a net and save someone’s life.
3) Poverty Meal: Make your family and/or community aware of those in Africa who are constantly hungry and thirsty by hosting a dinner party at your home, church or school.
- Set the table with a plate of rice and beans and a cup of muddy water. For every glass of clean water they want to drink, each person must pay $1.
- Provide opportunity for those involved to participate in what Mocha Club is doing to provide clean water to those living in Africa. ($1 = clean water for somebody in Africa for one year!)
4) Mommy’s Morning Out: Make your community aware of Mocha Club’s creation of child daycare centers in support of Child Mothers + Women At Risk.
- Ask your friends to volunteer to babysit, and host a large babysitting morning.
- Suggest that the money the moms would have paid to hire a babysitter go toward Mocha Club’s effort to support women and children in Africa.
- Provide opportunity for those involved to participate in what Mocha Club is doing to provide child care and education to Child Mothers + Women At Risk projects in Africa.
5) Mocha Night: Create an environment of conversation about Mocha Club and international justice issues in Africa.
- Get coffee and/or snacks donated.
- Provide opportunity for those involved to participate in what Mocha Club is doing to save lives in Africa.
...or get CREATIVE and come up with ideas of your own!
Email email@example.com if you need help or advice.