Have Questions for Skiff or Char?

mc-experience-feature

In their Christmas Day Behind-the-Scenes Webisode 10 on The Mocha Club Experience, Skiff and Char ask if any of you have questions for them.  Here’s your chance to post questions for the guys, and they’ll answer them in the next behind-the-scenes webisode. So ask away!  Just post a comment below and the guys will be checking them from Africa.

The Mocha Club Experience: Starting November 1, 2009, Seattle Pacific University recent graduates Daniel “Skiff” Skiffington and Charlie “Char” Beck visit all of Mocha Club’s current projects in 7 countries and take Mocha Club supporters and friends on a three-month virtual adventure to experience real life in Africa. Stay tuned for regular updates!

• Reply Brittany December 28, 2009 at 4:20 pm

This webisode was GREAT. made me laugh a lot, thanks guys!!

next time,
    whats something dumb or embarrassing either of you have done or said in relation to their culture or in general…footage is bonus and welcomed 🙂

• Reply Patrick and Claudia Crowster December 30, 2009 at 9:03 am

Hi guys – you contacted us (friends of Russ Cline)about your trip to Cape Town. Unfortunatley we received the mail late and you are probably already on your way. Pls contact us at belhar.baptist@yahoo.com or on our cell phone numbers 072 582 6336 or our home number 021 9875026. Regards Claudia

• Reply an admiring viewer ;) December 30, 2009 at 11:45 pm

are ya’ll single?!

• Reply Spence January 2, 2010 at 2:54 pm

What are some major cultural differences you’ve experienced among all the countries you’ve visited?

What do you miss most about the US? -besides your friends, obviously!

• Reply jackson January 4, 2010 at 3:48 pm

they are not single, they are together. just kidding. What has been the best traditional meal you have eaten? …and don’t say freaking oreos.

• Reply Theresa Hutchins January 5, 2010 at 1:49 am

Hey Boys,

Love the videos! Really wanted to send you Russian tea cakes and other delicious cookies for Christmas, but who knew where you’d be when they arrived? I’ve got an idea: Christmas cookies in February at our house! Char, you’ve got to get down here from Seattle when you’re back. Spence is bummed he can’t make it to South Africa to be with you.

Here’s my question: Are you calling your mothers every twenty minutes like you should be? Because, as a mother, I’m here to tell you if you’re only calling them once an hour it’s just not enough!

Oh, and Spence also wants me to ask if you’ve made friends with all the ambassadors yet! You know that would be first on his lame political priority list….

Love you, boys! Be safe! And see you when you get back!

-Theresa

• Reply Lizzy January 5, 2010 at 7:03 pm

1. What is the craziest thing you have experienced so far?
    2. Has the language barrier been a big problem for you?
    3. And finally, what is something you wish everyone in the world could know about what Africa is really like?

• Reply Kat January 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm

AH! You guys, it was all fun and games til you showed the school kids in the end. Then i cried. Thanks..

Anyway, my question! I wanna know aaaall the deets you’ve got on the street boys in Ambo!!!! I LOVE THEM! So, how are they? Did you see Tura? Derebe? Are they well? Some video would be absolutely wonderful!!!!

Thanks, I’m super duper jealous, so I hope you’re having an amazing time!!!!

Kat

• Reply Abbi Ledford January 9, 2010 at 12:09 am

You both look like you are having a blast!

Will you send me a postcard from Africa? Or better yet– a real letter? I love letters.

Keep loving on God’s people!

• Reply The Esh January 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Char! What is your staple food? Do you retreat to the cheeto puffs? Fries and Beer? Snickers? Amors? Also what is the game of choice for those evenings when you and skiff have some time to yourselves? Uno? Phase 10? Crib? Come on you guys!!! Give me the details!

lots of love,

Eshito

• Reply Skiff January 14, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for writing in your questions. Keep them coming and we’ll answer them in the next week week or so.

Skiff

• Reply paula January 14, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Boys! I just watched a few of your videos, and I’m loving what you’re doing. I had no idea you were even going on this amazing trip! I guess that what happens when you move to North Bend…

I don’t have a question, and I wasn’t going to leave a comment until I saw Skiff’s shirt in webisode 10…GO HOGS!

That is all.

paula

• Reply Seth January 20, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Brothaaaasss,

These comments are classic. The Esh pretty much covered the questions. Come on you guys! I miss you and I hope you are living the dream and are able to soak it all in. My question:

After going on safari, what would you say is the most awesome animal? I mean discovery channel really hams it up with the lions and all but I feel like being there maybe it would be different, no?

Trountas!

• Reply Erin February 10, 2010 at 5:26 pm

First of all I am super jealous! Since joining MC I have wanted to go and visit the thing I support. I also have always wanted to go and teach in Africa. (what do ya think now, could I do it? not that you know me or anything, just askin in general)

I have visited and lived abroad a couple times now and have seen probably similiar situations as you did in Africa. So I wonder what it’s like now that you are back, how are you handling it? Any culture shock?

I will pray for you as you adjust to what you have come back from.

oh and now that you’re back, what are your plans?