AFRICA TRIPS, PERSPECTIVES

Kenya trip blogger: Cole

Cole Caldwell went to Kenya with Mocha Club in May/June 2010. Here he tells us about his trip.

———–

cole1

Hello there. I’m Cole. I’m a fifteen year old guy from Oklahoma. I recently went to Kenya. I thought it was going to be terrible but it was not. It was amazing. And believe me, when I first went I was dreading it, but it was the best experience I’ve ever had.

My favorite part in particular was Kitui. It was “eye-opening” to see how these kids live each day. While I was there I met a kid. He was so young he couldn’t tell me his name. That kid alone changed my life. We visited his house and it was terrible having to leave him to that life. I’ve thought about that one kid everyday since I have been home.

Not only was the trip awesome, but the people we traveled with were great. I got along with every single one of them, and I miss them all. I will be friends with them for the rest of my life.

If you are debating on whether or not to go on a mission trip or to support the Mocha Club, ask yourself this question: Do you want to save a life?

cole2

You Might Also Like

• Reply Mom July 27, 2010 at 10:00 am

Awwww – I am very proud of the man you are becoming. I love love love the jump roping picture!!! Love you – Mom

• Reply Bob July 27, 2010 at 10:40 am

Cole,

I think it’s fantastic you stepped out of your comfort zone and touched others lives. I sincerely hope it is an experience that stays with you the rest of your days. (I know it will)

God will always honor your faith. He recognizes it takes courage to step out and do something in His name! You will be blessed.

I know you don’t know me, but for what its worth I’m proud of you!

Sincerely,
    Bob Maurer

• Reply PaPa Mark July 27, 2010 at 10:48 am

Cole, your actions and words are a great honor to me, I am so proud to be you’re grandpa.You are well into the journey to become not just a man, but a good man. As long as you care about others and give of yourself to others you can never go wrong. Jesus told us that what we have done to the least of his people we have done to Him. Keep up the good work. I love you, Papa.

• Reply Chuck Floyd July 27, 2010 at 11:38 am

Cole, it appears you lived in Kenya what we all are called to do:

J-Jesus first
    O-others next
    Y-you last

We are happy you were so blessed and transformed by serving Him.
    We’re blessed knowing your family and calling all of them friends, in Christ.
    Chuck & Laurel Floyd

• Reply G'ma Jan July 27, 2010 at 11:45 am

Cole, my feelings pretty much reflect what Papa said. I am so proud of you and the man you are becoming. Those pictures are awesome. I love you very much and am even more proud of you than ever.

I love you. G’ma Jan

• Reply Bill Wooten July 27, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Cole,
    I have always known that things seem to come easily you because you are such an awesome person. These life changing events somehow become defining moments in our lives and you will never forget what an opportunity you had to make someone else’s life better. Don’t ever forget YOU can make a difference.
    Grandpa Bill

• Reply Tami Robinson July 27, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Cole, the jump rope pic is awesome…we love it too! What a great experience you had in helping others who are less fortunate. We are so proud of you and what you accomplished in Africa! Fight the good fight!!
    Tami,Matt,Keldon,Chuck,Jax,&Teagan

• Reply Kenya 2011 Team Blogger: Cole « Mocha Club Blog September 7, 2011 at 9:02 am

[…] Here you can read Cole’s post from 2010. We are honored that guys like Cole choose to support Mocha Club and go on trips with us. His words and his deeds are making a difference, both here and in Kenya. Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Tweet about it Tell a friend Posted in: AFRICA TRIPS,Trip Bloggers | Comments (0) […]