Meet the Summer Interns: Tay

Name: Tay Summers

Department: fashionABLE retail / sales

Hometown: Seattle, Washington

University/Year/Major: University of Washington, Junior, Global Studies Major/DanceΒ Minor

Favorite place you’ve traveled? Barahona, Dominican Republic. DON BOSCO FOREVER <3

Hidden talent? I really really love my big brother. Trust me…that takes talent.

If you could have a pen pal, who would it be? Francis Chan. He is beyond brilliant. He wrote one of my favorite books, Crazy Love. My favorite quote of his is, “I believe God wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them.” His words are so powerful.

Guilty pleasure? Popcorn, milk duds, and cherry coke. Best combo ever, seriously. Try it.

Why are you excited about interning with Mocha Club / fashionABLE? β€Ž”There are those whose lives affect all others around them. Quietly touching one heart, who in turn, touches another. Reaching out to ends further than they would ever know.” When I first heard the Mocha Club mission, it touched my heart. The opportunity to intern with MC/fashionABLE is truly a gift, and my hope is that in turn, I will reach out to ends further than I know.

. . . . . . . . . .

Friends/family of Tay: what are your thoughts? Why is Tay perfect for this internship? Any weird habits we should be warned about? Leave a comment telling us about her!

• Reply Elayna "the other intern" Schranz May 27, 2011 at 10:51 am

Tay is genuine, laid-back, and devoted. I am so proud of her for taking the leap of faith and coming to join us in Nashville this summer to be a part of this AMAZING Mocha Club experience. Tay is 100% sweetheart and smiles…I just adore her and can’t WAIT to get to know her better through this internship AND outside of it πŸ™‚ She’s fantABBBBBBulous!

• Reply Nicole summers June 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Knowing Tay, has made me a better person. She has a knack for connecting with great causes and wonderful people. Her passion makes giving back feel so easy. Leaving home, was a leap, but Tay is not one to sit around and wait for things to happen, she follows the voice in her heart, and I am proud to know her. Thanks for introducing us all to The Mocha Club, and reminding me everyday, of what really matters in this life!

• Reply STEPHANIE LOZANO June 2, 2011 at 2:27 pm

tay is amazing!!!!!!! she wins!!!

• Reply Mary Hammer June 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Tay has grown into a promising young woman. I am happy to know that us older folks have such good kids coming up in the ranks.

• Reply Ansley Haynes June 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Since the wonderful time we had at Malibu Club together last spring break she has been an amazing friend and I am happy every time I am with her. I was even more excited joining a core group in our area that she was going to be in my group, and meeting with her every week talking about life and God has made me stronger in my faith and I know we all miss her here in Seattle and hope she is having a blast!

• Reply Hannah June 2, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Tay is an incredible woman of God. We had the opportunity to spend time together abroad the past two spring breaks and getting to know that girl was one of the highlights. Her passion and love for others is encouraging and inspiring. Nashville is lucky to have you, Tay Tay! Love you!

• Reply Alexis Mallos June 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm

If there is one person whos heart for others I wish I could have that would be Tay Summers. I love you and miss you Tay and am excited to see where you go in life! Keep up the awesome work!

• Reply Casey Berlin June 2, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Tay Summers; literally cannot say one thing bad about this woman. The strength it takes to do what she does is something I can hope to aspire too. She’s a roll model in so many different ways. Good luck with your internship!

• Reply Christopher Locke June 2, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Um, so I met Tay at church on a Tuesday night (aka @ the INN) and since that day she has been one of the greatest friends I have ever had. Seeing her grow on the trip we shared in the DR was unreal. Tay is a BOSS and loves wastefully. Cheers.

• Reply Val Hennings June 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Tay is the perfect intern for this job because she has a huge heart and cares about everyone she meets and even people who she hasnt. I know God has quite an amazing plan for her life and The Mocha Club doesnt want to miss out on Tay!!! She is a great person and will be an encouragement to everyone. Good Luck Tay πŸ™‚

• Reply Amy Marable June 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Tay is one of the most amazing and strong people I know. Getting to hear her story and all the obstacles she has gone through and how that has made her stronger is inspiring. She always has good advice to give in any situation, and radiates light when she walks into a room. Her smile is contagious and can make anyone’s day better. She has a big heart and loves to give back. I have seen her intern with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and put smiles on several kids faces, I have seen her lead Young Life and minister to freshman girls pouring out her heart to them, as well as serving in the Dominican Republic sharing her life with the teens and kids of the village. Tay Summers you are a truly gifted person and I am glad I have met you!

• Reply Paul June 2, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Tay is the best friend this guy could ask for. She got to go to the Taylor Swift dress rehearsal a couple weeks ago and remembered how much I love T Swift and was thoughtful enough to call me during the concert. Really made my night! Now she just needs to finish this internship up at the end of summer and move to San Diego and all will be well!

• Reply Kayla June 2, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Tay is the most incredible, fabulous, caring and sweet person I know. She makes me a better person and the world a better place. Really, she does!! She is constantly volunteering for non-profits and seeking out new ways to help those in need. Her heart is constantly pouring into the lives of others.

• Reply Jennifer Lynn June 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Tay Tay, La-Tay! I love you so much!!! I’m so glad God put you in my life, I hope you are having so much fun in Nashville! i miss you like crazy! You inspire me to be everything I can be, & i’m glad we are sisters!

• Reply Claire June 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm

As one of Tay’s roommates in Nashville, it’s inspirational to see her working towards a cause she is so passionate about. Plus, I’ve seen the scarves and they’re adorable! I love how we have such similar taste in music and can’t wait to explore more of music city with you! Oh and go bears! πŸ™‚

• Reply Polly June 2, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Tay is amaaaazing! I am blessed to have met her and she definately deserves to win!! πŸ™‚

• Reply Michelle Wingfield June 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Awesooooooome

• Reply elvin June 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Tay!!! amazing work amiga =)

• Reply Ashtyn Whyte June 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Tay is such an amazing girl! I’m so lucky to be able to call her my cousin. (: She’s such an inspiration, a hard worker, and an all-around strong person! I love you Tay! God bless, and good luck in everything you do!

• Reply Amber June 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Tay. You have such a beautiful heart! I am so very proud of you! Can’t wait to hear all of the wonderful things God is doing in and through you! Keep shining His light πŸ™‚ I love you.

• Reply yoryi June 2, 2011 at 8:38 pm

good job

• Reply Taylor June 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Tay is amazing! Such a sweet girl who cares about everyone around her so much and makes it known… I dont see why Tay wouldnt be the perfect girl for this internship! Im blessed to have her as a friend! Love you Tay!
    love, the other tay πŸ™‚

• Reply Rendel Jones June 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Tay is an amazing person. I am so thankful to know her. She is such a great friend. She is caring, inspirational and driven. Her firm belief in God is amazing and with her belief and her hard work she will be able to accomplish the goals that need to be achieved for the job. Yay will be an amazing intern, she will not let you down.

Good Luck TAY!!!!!

• Reply joxwe June 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm

dele que usted puede cuente con mi apoyo jajjaja xD

• Reply Jonathan June 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

tay I do not know you but I do think you’re a good person and that helps many people who need hope everything is going right and God bless you

• Reply Raymundo June 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Es una joven con mucho amor hacia las demΓ‘s personas, se interesa por aquellos niΓ±os podres de escasos recursos, es una buena candidata para este concurso. Exito

• Reply Ernie Merino June 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Tay summers is the Bomb.com/the-total-package..
    Seriously though she is an amazing girl with a big heart and Laser-like focus that will help her attain her goals! She is a great little sister, and an even better example of a Jesus-centered life.
    You rock Tay!

• Reply Renee June 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I agree! Chan is an amazing guy! Go, TAY!!

• Reply max norcross June 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Tay i love you and the things that you consistently do for others. =)

• Reply Jesica June 2, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Very Good !!

• Reply Elizabeth Ritchie June 2, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Tay is one of the most amazing people I know! I will never forget when I was having the worst day ever, and she was the first person to open her home to me and calm me down and let me stay the night there. I will never forget how kind and genuine she is. We had math together in high school and she was the best person to ever sit by and get to know better. I love you Bubbles! And good luck with everything in your future, you deserve only the best!

• Reply Macy Medema June 2, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Tay! I’m so glad I got to go to the DR with you. You are so awesome and loving and generally amazing. I miss you muchooo and can’t wait till you get back. You’re obviously the best intern everrr!

• Reply Anthony June 2, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Tay is awesome…she has a huge heart for service and not many people know, but she can sing really well πŸ™‚

• Reply Niccole June 2, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I’m so very proud of you girly!!! Your a wonderful inspiration to me and I miss you more than life itself! I hope your having the time of your life! Love you and miss you xoxo

• Reply Mako June 2, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Anyone can see that Tay is a beautiful person on the outside, but if you have ever been lucky enough to meet her, you know that she is even more beautiful on the inside!!!! Love you Tay and so so so so proud of you!!!

• Reply Alana Russell June 3, 2011 at 12:07 am

Tay has been my best friend since 6th grade and now we are sophomores in college. I love her so much and my life wouldn’t be the same without her bright smile, inspiring courage, and remarkable love for each person who comes into her life. She is one of a kind and I feel truly blessed to be so close to her. Wishing on all the stars in the sky for you Tay πŸ™‚

• Reply Cathy Shelly June 3, 2011 at 8:43 am

You go girl!! i am so proud of you!! love you and can’t wait to hear and see all you are doing, love, ligt, and prayers, Cathy

• Reply Nick June 3, 2011 at 10:21 am

HEYYYYYY TAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you

• Reply Emily Soucinek June 3, 2011 at 11:17 am

Tay! Congratulations on a great internship. You have such a great heart!! Proud of you and miss you!

• Reply Garrett June 3, 2011 at 11:34 am

Tay is by faaar the best intern and should most definitely win! Hope you’re having a blast in Nashville!

• Reply Taylor S. June 3, 2011 at 11:50 am

Go Tay!

• Reply winston June 3, 2011 at 11:51 am

No brainer Tay is the best intern!

• Reply Jordan Duncan June 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

TAY! You’re the most amazing little intern and I’m so happy to have you in Nashy for the summer πŸ™‚ Can’t wait for all of our little adventures– starting with a Nashville Sounds game!! LOVE YOU!

• Reply Elodie D June 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

The Mocha mission is who Tay is to me. She is that person, that movement! Her genuine heart and greatness inspire me every time I see, talk to or think of her! I know she will further inspire your office and the other interns to love everyone and everything even more than before knowing her! Go Tay!! But FYI, cant wait to have you home!

• Reply Katie Knoebel June 3, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Tay has a heart of gold! I love her so much <333

• Reply Rochelle Jones June 3, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Oh Tay, how we miss you up in the NW. love you so much girlie and can’t wait to be on the ‘Ship with you!

• Reply Rebecca Robbins June 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Tayyyyyyy!! <3 i miss you and love you so much! I can't wait for you to be home πŸ™‚ So proud of you!!

• Reply Harisa Paco June 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Tay is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Her whole world revolves around helping others and I truly admire her selflessness. I am very lucky to have Tay in my life, as Mocha club is to have her as part of their team. I miss you so much Tay but we all know that what you’re doing is making a positive difference! Love you!

• Reply Ryan Paul June 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

One word to describe Tay Summers!! AMAZING πŸ™‚ Hurry home I miss u…

• Reply jolynn June 3, 2011 at 5:16 pm

tay is, in my opinion, one of the coolest young adults i have ever met. she is kind, caring, aware, involved, and present in every aspect of her life. her smile is infectious, and her willingness to give is a joy to behold. she is a testiment to the spirit of young people in our country, and the world. i am proud to say i know tay. she just might be one of my heros. xoxo sister, because you rock!

• Reply Rikk Dunn June 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Tay, you are the best sister EVER!!!!! I miss you so much,but I am SOOOOOOOOOO PROUND OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! You are such a BOSSSS!!!!!

• Reply Linda Beetz June 3, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Grandaughter,

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle
    ~Einstein

Tay, you ARE a miracle.
    Love , Grandmamma

• Reply Ernie Beetz June 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Watch out for tornados.

Love Grandpa

• Reply Brit'ne Julyan June 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Taylor continually posts these amazing quotes that make me think. They change my perspective. Sometimes my actions change because I remember something she has written. But the one quote that sums up Tay’s life, who she is and what she stands for is this quote she posted today:

If there is any secret to this life I live this is it: the sound of what cannot be seen sings within everything that can

Taylor is the song. She sings for those who can’t sing for themselves. She works to bring a voice to others. She is composed entirely of light and love. That is a rare find in the world today.

• Reply Stacy sathe June 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Sounds perfect!

• Reply Meg June 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Wonderful and deserving! πŸ™‚

• Reply Marika June 3, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Compassionate, genuine, and inspirational are just a few words that come to mind to describe you. Tay, you have touched my heart in ways you do not even realize! i love you so much <3

• Reply Sam Julyan June 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I love my cousin Tay. I know quality when I see it.

• Reply Cindi Schorr June 4, 2011 at 2:38 am

Hats off to a young woman who opens her heart to share with the world.

• Reply Melissa DeBusk June 4, 2011 at 11:08 am

She’ll be perfect for the job!! πŸ™‚

• Reply Debora Spencer June 4, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Tay is amazing! She is a beautiful soul from a long lineage of fabulous women.

• Reply Dylan June 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Good luck Tay!

• Reply Brian Sathe June 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

You will do great!

• Reply Claire Elizabeth Terry June 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm

We need more people like Tay in the world – it’s that simple and I hope that she’ll one day give us the great honor of writing for The Art of Living’ website.

• Reply Marci June 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Good luck!

• Reply Richard Lear June 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm

You Rock Tay!

• Reply Richard Lear June 4, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Big Smooch!

• Reply Danika June 5, 2011 at 12:08 am

Good luck! πŸ™‚

• Reply Taylor webb June 5, 2011 at 12:56 am

Tay is one of the most genuine, loving, caring and hard working girl I have ever met. She cares about strangers more than she does herself and that is very hard to find. Tay is always looking to improve her spirituality and the world around her. She truely is an amazing young lady!!!!

• Reply Richard Lear June 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

I meant to ask if you put the popcorn and milk duds together? We used to go to the movies and order a box of popcorn. We would have them put in a little popcorn and pour in some milk duds, then a little more popcorn and milk duds until the box was full. When the popcorn is hot the milk duds melt. Deeeeeelish!

• Reply Lauren June 5, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Tay, I am so excited for you summer in Nashville. You have such a sweet heart and I love that we are roommates!!!! i cannot wait to see what God has planned for you!! Much Love, Lauren

• Reply Andreas Gutierrez June 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I love you Tay so much and I want you to come back right now so we can go shopping at Toys R US and I love you Tay and want you to come back! Love Andreas

• Reply Gabby Gutierrez June 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Your the best big sis ever in the world!
    I can’t wait to see you! Love Gabby

• Reply Laurie Albrecht June 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm

We miss you and want you back soon. I hope Tennessee knows how lucky they are to have you!

• Reply Pat Fullerton June 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm