Hello everyone! Hannah and Claire here. Hopefully you all got the chance to read the last post and “meet” the two of us. We have now been here at the Mocha Club office for two weeks and love it more each day!
We thought that a good way to introduce ourselves and sum up the past couple weeks would be to tell you our 5 favorite reasons we love interning here! Here we go:
- We love love love our intern space AKA “the hangroom”. We get to do our work from possibly the coolest part of the Mocha Club office (but we might be a little biased)! It’s filled with comfy couches with the cutest pillows, bright blue walls, and even a guitar and a couple paintings. We love it!
- Everyday we get to ship off some of our awesome merchandise to members across the country and share the Mocha Club love. Once again, we may be biased, but our stuff really is the best!
- Each Wednesday in the office begins with a devotional and prayer time. We have loved getting to learn from our staff and hear their hearts behind the mission.
- We’re getting to learn the ins and outs of the non-profit world and hear about our work first hand over in Africa. Everyone here has his or her own unique passion that drives what they do and why they do it, and we love seeing that play out!
- And lastly, speaking of the staff, they have all been so warm and welcoming to us and have embraced us with open arms. We love them!
This week some really exciting things have been taking place at the Mocha Club HQ. Events that could have made for a bummer of a week have ended up creating a sweet and special opportunity. We have had three bloggers here in the office sharing their time and hearts with us. Annie Downs, Lindsay Sherbondy, and Jessi Connolly have been here talking about the Purpose Project that was supposed take them to Kenya. Despite the change of plans, they have been using this time to advocate for education and for the teachers of New Dawn. These women are a joy and have filled our office with their sunshine and even some beautiful paintings!
That’s all we got for now, but be sure to check up on us next week and see what’s going on here at the Mocha Club. Happy Monday, and enjoy the rest of your week!