Happy Monday Mocha Club!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! So, applications to intern at Mocha Club were due this past Friday and I knew I had to write about why I love interning here at Mocha Club! I figured it was only appropriate.
- Free coffee. If you love coffee, you are in the right place. In the kitchen there is a Keurig and all the coffee and necessities you could ever need. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
- Africa. It’s amazing what this group of people do for Africa. Just hearing them speak about Africa and what all they are doing to help just shows their passion for the people there. In one of the meetings, the Mocha Journey team came and spoke about the trip and their experiences and it blew me away hearing all of the different stories of what each person experienced and how it impacted them.
- Project areas. Mocha Club doesn’t just focus on one aspect of helping Africa. They have five different project areas they work with: clean water, education, economic freedom, orphan care, and health care. I think that is great because most non-profits just focus on one aspect. And getting to somehow help with that just by interning is really cool.
- It’s not just office work. At most internships, the supervisor just gives the intern office work to do and doesn’t actually help them learn and show what they are doing. Here, it is not like that. You actually get the hands-on experience. You are apart of everything, just like everyone else in the office is. They are there to help you with whatever it is, whether it’s planning the project or event for the semester or running the social media accounts.
- Wonderful group of people. Everyone that works here at Mocha Club is so nice and welcoming. My first day, they were so sweet and seemed excited to get to know the new intern, which helped me know that I was in the right place! They are so great and I am going to be sad when my internship is over.
I am so glad that I chose to intern at Mocha Club. It has been one of the best experiences I have had and I know that this was where I was meant to be.
Peace and blessings,