Behind each and every donor that gives is the belief that the support you commit to each month can add up to make a big difference. Sometimes it’s easy to forget the big picture and hard to imagine how your gift is exactly impacting people and communities in Africa. Well, we want to assure you that you DO make a difference – and we want to celebrate the impact Mocha Club members had this year!
In 2018, Mocha Club members’ giving:
• Started community development courses in 2 South Sudanese refugee camps.
• Provided clean water for 90 Pygmy families in Rwanda.
• Built a local board of directors for our program in Sierra Leone to ensure local ownership and direction.
• Expanded trauma healing training for local leaders in Ethiopia, reaching around 500 local leaders.
• Trained 20 South Sudanese refugee leaders in child trauma healing.
• Reached over 850 children in Congo through “Healing Clubs” that help them work through their trauma and play and bond with others like them.
• Provided jigger treatment to over 600 people living in a leper colony in Kenya.
• Enrolled over 5,500 local leaders across the continent in our education program.
• Took 11 Mocha Club friends to Africa with us to see their impact firsthand.
We can make an even greater impact. Would you join our community of change-makers? Join Today!